Recios
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

FAQ Del servicio de Transferencias

4 participantes

FAQ Del servicio de Transferencias Empty FAQ Del servicio de Transferencias

Mensaje  Latok Mar 12 Jun 2012, 14:52

What is the Character Transfer Service?

The initial Character Transfer Service allows players to transfer their Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ characters (with some restrictions; see below) between selected servers at no charge. Servers eligible for outgoing transfers are referred to as ‘origin servers’ and servers eligible to receive transfers are referred to as ‘destination servers.’

The overall aim with the initial phase of the Character Transfer Service is to create a better overall gameplay experience for players by offering free character transfers that will help maintain population balance across the service.

What does it mean to transfer a character?

By transferring a character, you are moving them from an origin server to a destination server. Your character will no longer be available to play on your origin server, but will be available for continued play on your destination server. There are some limitations on what is transferred with your character, and you may be required to rename your characters on arrival to your destination server due to potentially conflicting character or Legacy names.

Does it cost anything to transfer my characters?

The initial Character Transfer Service is free of charge, allowing you to move as many characters as you wish from select origin servers to select destination servers, as long as you have character slots available on your destination server. Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee.

When will the Character Transfer Service become available?

The initial Character Transfer Service will be available starting from June 12, 2012 after our regular scheduled server maintenance. The service will be made available gradually, starting with a small number of origin servers and adding more until all servers eligible for transfer are available in the service. Eligible servers will be listed as they become available for transfers at www.swtor.com/transfer. This is to prevent potential server load issues. Free character transfer between selected servers will remain available for as long as it is needed to help balance server populations.

When will any potential paid Character Transfer Service be available?

At this time we do not have a scheduled time frame for launch of a potential paid Character Transfer Service. However, we are committed to making improvements to the Character Transfer Service over time to provide players with a great gameplay experience. Please keep checking www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for more information.

How do I start the character transfer process?

Free character transfers for qualified players will be available starting June 12, 2012. To start the character transfer process, players must have at least one character on an eligible origin server. Eligible servers will be listed as they become available for transfers at www.swtor.com/transfer. Characters of any level or faction are eligible for transfer. In addition, the following requirements must be met:
A player’s account cannot be currently banned.
Any character being transferred cannot be a guild master; they must either resign as master or demote themselves to a lower guild rank to be transferred. (Guild rankings and status will not be transferred.)
To start the character transfer process, login to your account, click 'My Account' and then click 'Character Transfers' in the left hand menu. From there you will be able to select 'Start a Character Transfer' and see if you have any characters eligible for transfer to selected servers.

Can I transfer my character from one account to another?

We are not able to provide account to account transfers at this time.

What happens during the character transfer process? How long does it take?

The Character Transfer Service will be made available gradually, starting with a small number of origin servers and adding more until all servers eligible for transfer are made available in the service. Eligible servers will be listed as they become available for transfers at www.swtor.com/transfer. This is to prevent potential server load issues. As a result, you may have to wait a short period before you can begin your character transfer.

After you confirm your character transfer request, it can take up to three hours for your requested characters to be transferred. During this period you will be unable to login to any of the characters that are being transferred, or any other character on that origin server. If you are playing one of these characters when you confirm your transfer, you will be logged off from that character and server until the transfer is complete.

You will be notified via email (to the email address registered on your game account) on the same day that your character transfer requests have been processed. The character transfer page will also be updated at that time. To confirm your transfer requests were successful, log into Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and select your new destination server on the Server Select screen. You should see your characters available to play on your new server. If you do not see any of your characters on your destination servers more than three hours after you have confirmed your character transfer request, please contact Customer Service.

How will I know when my character transfer requests have been processed?

You will be notified via email (to the email address registered on your game account) on the same day that your character transfer requests have been processed. The character transfer page will also be updated at that time. To confirm your transfer requests were successful, log into Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and select your new destination server on the Server Select screen. You should see your characters available to play on your new server. If you do not see any of your characters on your destination servers more than three hours after you have confirmed your character transfer request, please contact Customer Service.

Please note that characters that have been transferred to a new destination server will be assigned temporary names if their original name is already taken on the destination server. If your character has been assigned a temporary name, you will be prompted to choose a new character name upon log in. Unsuccessfully transferred characters will remain on their origin server, unchanged. If you encounter any problems with your character transfer requests, please contact Customer Service.

What happens if my character name is already taken on my desired destination server?

If your character name is already taken on the destination server, your character will be transferred and assigned a temporary name. You will be prompted to choose a new name for the character when you log into the new server.

Can I transfer my character to any server I wish?

Not as part of the initial Character Transfer Service. By encouraging players to transfer characters to and from specified servers, we hope to ensure balanced server populations across the service. Eligible servers will be listed as they become available for transfers at www.swtor.com/transfer. Characters on a specific group of origin servers will only be able to transfer to specific individual destination servers.

Can I transfer my character from a PvE server to a PvP server, or vice versa?

At this time, as part of the initial Character Transfer Service, you will only be able to transfer characters between selected servers of the same server type. Effectively this means transfers will be allowed as follows:
Between eligible PvE origin servers and eligible PvE destination servers
Between eligible PvP origin servers and eligible PvP destination servers
Between eligible RP PvE origin servers and eligible RP PvE destination servers
Between eligible RP PvP origin servers and eligible RP PvP destination servers
Transfers will also respect the official server language, ensuring those players who are playing in French and German will continue to experience their server in their chosen language.

What servers will be eligible for the Character Transfer Service?

Servers will be added to the Character Transfer Service over a short period of time after launch. In this period of time in response to the ongoing transfer process, we may alter our destination and origin server choices. Therefore we will not be providing a complete list of eligible servers before the Character Transfer Service becomes available. After the service goes live, eligible servers will be listed as they become available for transfers at www.swtor.com/transfer.

When are all servers going to be eligible for the Character Transfer Service?

The initial Character Transfer Service is focused on select servers, to help balance player population across the service. Servers that are not eligible for the initial Character Transfer Service generally have robust player populations. Allowing character transfer from those servers could result in a negative player experience.

Free character transfer between selected servers will remain available for as long as it is needed to help balance server populations. Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee.

Can I transfer my character from a US-based server to an EU or Asia Pacific server?

Not at this time. The initial Character Transfer Service will only allow you to transfer characters between selected servers. Our initial choices are within each specific region including Europe, North America (East Coast) and North America (West Coast). Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee.

How do I know if I qualify for the free character transfers?

To qualify for free character transfers, players must have at least one character on an eligible origin server. Eligible servers will be listed as they become available for transfers at www.swtor.com/transfer. Characters of any level or faction are eligible for transfer. In addition, the following requirements must be met:
A player’s account cannot be currently banned.
Any character being transferred cannot be a guild master; they must either resign as master or demote themselves to a lower guild rank to be transferred. (Guild rankings and status will not be transferred.)
To see if you qualify for free character transfers, login to your account, click My Account and then click Character Transfers in the left hand menu. From there you will be able to select Start a Character Transfer and see if you have any characters eligible for transfer to selected servers.

Are there any other restrictions with the Character Transfer Service?

If you choose to move your character with the initial Character Transfer Service, please be aware of the following:

If your character name is already taken on the destination server, your character will be transferred and assigned a temporary name. You will be prompted to choose a new name for the character when you log into the new server.
You cannot exceed 8 total characters (including transferred and non-transferred characters) on any given destination server. If no character slots are available, a character will not be transferred. You can choose to delete an existing character to free a character slot, and then repeat the character transfer process.
If you have played a character on an eligible origin server to the point where you have unlocked your Legacy and chosen your Legacy name, then all characters created on or transferred to your selected destination server will use that Legacy name.
If you have not played a character on an eligible destination server to the point where your Legacy is unlocked, but are transferring characters who have unlocked their Legacy, you will be prompted to choose your Legacy name when you first log in to your selected destination server after your characters have been transferred. The name you choose will then be applied to all characters on your selected destination server.
The character will no longer be a part of its guild - guilds and guild membership will not be transferred to your new server. You will need to create or join a new guild on your new server. If your guild name is already taken on the destination server, you will need to choose a different name for your guild. See our separate questions on guilds above.

After I transfer my characters to a destination server, can I transfer them back to my origin server?

With the initial Character Transfer Service, transfers are one-way from origin server to destination. Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee. You will not be allowed to transfer any characters to an account that is not yours and that was not originally registered by you.

I have characters on an origin server eligible for outgoing transfers, but my main character is on a server that cannot be selected as a destination server in the character transfer page. What can I do?

At this time, as part of the initial Character Transfer Service, you will only be able to transfer characters between selected servers. Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee; this may allow characters to be transferred where you wish.

Will anything on my character not be transferred to my destination server?

There are several settings that will not be transferred, as follows:
Your in-game mail will not be transferred. This includes unread mail and read mail. Please ensure any mail is read, and any items or credits within your mailbox are added to your inventory before your transfer is confirmed. Any items not removed from your mailbox will not be available on your origin server after transfer is complete.
Your Friends list (by default, press ‘O’ to access) will not be transferred. Friends lists are server-specific. As your listed friends may choose to be transferred to the same destination server, you may wish to take note of your Friends before transfer and add them to your Friends list again after transfer.
Your Ignore list (by default, press ‘O’ to access and click the Ignore tab) will not be transferred. Ignore lists are server-specific. You may wish to take note of those on your Ignore list before transfer and add them to your Ignore list again after transfer.
Your Galactic Trade Network listings will not be transferred. Please ensure your characters have no items listed on the Galactic Trade Network before your transfer is confirmed. Any items still listed on the Galactic Trade Network will not be listed on your origin server after transfer is complete.

I am a guild master on an origin server that’s eligible to transfer. Can my entire guild transfer automatically?

No, automatic guild transfers are not supported as part of the initial Character Transfer Service. Each guild member must make the choice to be transferred. If your guild would like to continue playing together as a guild with existing characters on your new destination server, each member of the guild must qualify for character transfer and request that their character(s) be transferred. Once your characters have been transferred to your new destination server, you will need to reform your guild. If your guild name is already taken on the destination server, you will need to choose a different name for your guild.

I am a guild master on an origin server that’s eligible to transfer. What do we have to do to prepare for character transfers?

Automatic guild transfers are not supported as part of the initial Character Transfer Service. If you and your guild members wish to reform your guild on your destination server, we recommend the following steps before you confirm your character transfer.

All guild members who wish to transfer their characters should ensure they have collected all in-game mail items and noted their Friends and Ignore list settings before transfer.
If your guild has a guild bank, please refer to this helpcenter article before confirming any character transfers.
The guild master of the guild must step down as guild master to be eligible for character transfer. (The guild may continue to exist on the origin server under a different guild master, if they choose not to transfer.)
Finally, all guild members should confirm their character transfer via the character transfer page. This can happen at any time; it does not need to be simultaneous.
After character transfers are processed, your guild will need to be reformed on your destination server. Guild names are not guaranteed on server transfers. If the guild’s name has already been used on your destination server, you will have to choose a different name for your new guild.

I am a guild master on an origin server that’s eligible to transfer. We have a guild bank set up as part of the guild. What do we have to do to prepare for character transfers?

Automatic guild transfers are not supported as part of the initial Character Transfer Service. Guild banks will also not be automatically transferred. However, Customer Service will be able to restore your guild bank to you (except the contents) at no cost on your new destination server.

If you and your guild members wish to reform your guild on your destination server and add a guild bank, we recommend the following steps before you confirm your character transfer.

All guild members who wish to transfer their characters should ensure they have collected all in-game mail items and noted their Friends and Ignore list settings before transfer.
Within your guild bank, remove all items and credits from the guild bank which you wish to keep. These items and credits will need to be distributed amongst guild members who are choosing to transfer. Items and credits that are not removed from your guild bank will not be transferred and cannot be restored after transfers complete. You may create additional characters on your origin server and add them to your guild to help move items from the guild bank to your new destination server.
The guild master of the guild must step down as guild master to be eligible for character transfer. Unlike a guild that is transferring without a guild bank, the guild must also be disbanded on your origin server before you will be granted a free guild bank.
All guild members should confirm their character transfer request via the character transfer page. This can happen at any time; it does not need to be simultaneous.
After character transfers are processed, your guild will need to be reformed on your destination server. Guild names are not guaranteed on server transfers. If the guild’s name has already been used on your destination server, you will have to choose a different name for your new guild.
After your guild has been reformed, contact Customer Service. Upon confirmation that your origin server guild had a guild bank, and that your origin server guild has been disbanded, Customer Service will grant your new guild a new guild bank, along with an equal number of additional guild bank storage tabs. You will then be able to deposit your guild bank items and credits from your transferred characters.

How does the Legacy system work with the Character Transfer Service?

The Legacy system will work differently depending on whether or not you have already unlocked your Legacy on your origin server by the time you confirm your character transfer.

Legacy Unlocked: If you have played a character on an origin server eligible for character transfer to the point where you have unlocked your Legacy and chosen your Legacy name, then all characters created on or imported to your destination server will use that Legacy name. This also applies if you transfer characters to a destination server after an initial transfer where the Legacy name was unlocked.

Legacy Not Unlocked: If you have not unlocked Legacy on a destination server, and a transferred character is eligible for a Legacy unlock (i.e., they have completed Chapter One of their class story on their origin server), you will be prompted to choose a Legacy name when you log into your new destination server. You will not be able to choose the same Legacy name that you had on your origin server if it is already taken on the destination server.

In order to determine your Legacy XP on your selected server, we will consider the Legacy XP Level of all characters you wish to transfer, as well as the Legacy XP already present on the destination server (if any), and apply the highest Legacy XP value found among all your characters to your account on the destination server.

What happens if my Legacy name is already taken on my selected destination server?

If your Legacy name is already taken on the selected destination server, you will be prompted to choose a new Legacy name when you log into the server.
Latok
Latok
Verdugo de Coruscant
Verdugo de Coruscant

Juego : WoW
Clan : Soulcity
PJ principal : Cecile
Antigüedad : 18/03/2009

http://www.juan-medina.com

FAQ Del servicio de Transferencias Empty Re: FAQ Del servicio de Transferencias

Mensaje  Latok Mar 12 Jun 2012, 15:13

Lista de servidores que permite transferirse en origen, de momento:

Origin Server --> Destination Server

NA Server
The Courageous --> Canderous Ordo
Kath Hound --> The Ebon Hawk
Ven Zallow --> Jung Ma
Fa'athra --> Drooga's Pleasure Barge
Lord Ieldis --> Begeren Colony

European Server (German)
Zayne Carrick --> Vanjervalis Chain

European Server (English)
Shaltin Tunnels --> The Progenitor

European Server (French)
Kessel Run --> Battle Meditation

Última edición por Latok el Mar 12 Jun 2012, 20:02, editado 2 veces
Latok
Latok
Verdugo de Coruscant
Verdugo de Coruscant

Mensaje  Lukar Mar 12 Jun 2012, 15:19

Interesante la parte de que hay que eliminar la guild en el servidor de origen para pedir el guild bank en el servidor nuevo. Si nos movemos necesitaremos la colaboración de unos cuantos para llevarnos cosas al server nuevo (aunque yo aprovecharía para hacer limpieza y dejar sólo los materiales y alguna cosa gorda).

Segun me pareció entender a mi cada servidor de salida tendría asignado un servidor de entrada. Ahora mismo no nos importa pq aún no han abierto ninguna migracion de nuestro tipo de server (RP PVE) pero ¿lo están manteniendo?
Lukar
Lukar
Degollador de JarJar
Degollador de JarJar

Juego : Diablo
Clan : Panda de c***nes ... digo... Recios ^^
PJ principal : The Tholme Legacy
Antigüedad : 31/03/2010

Mensaje  Latok Mar 12 Jun 2012, 15:25

Lukar escribió:
Interesante la parte de que hay que eliminar la guild en el servidor de origen para pedir el guild bank en el servidor nuevo. Si nos movemos necesitaremos la colaboración de unos cuantos para llevarnos cosas al server nuevo (aunque yo aprovecharía para hacer limpieza y dejar sólo los materiales y alguna cosa gorda).

Segun me pareció entender a mi cada servidor de salida tendría asignado un servidor de entrada. Ahora mismo no nos importa pq aún no han abierto ninguna migracion de nuestro tipo de server (RP PVE) pero ¿lo están manteniendo?

Si

mira la parte que pone : Can I transfer my character from a PvE server to a PvP server, or vice versa?
Latok
Latok
Verdugo de Coruscant
Verdugo de Coruscant

Mensaje  Shkar Mar 12 Jun 2012, 15:27

Un poco chapuza la parte de migración de guilds, no?
Shkar
Shkar
Creando sinergia
Creando sinergia

Antigüedad : 01/02/2011

http://psilan.blogspot.com/

Mensaje  Lukar Mar 12 Jun 2012, 15:40

Hacer la migracion de guild de un server a otro a nivel tecnico debe ser algo complicado. Piensa que la gente del WoW, con todos los años que llevan y la de gente que tienen no lo han sacado hasta hace unos meses y aún asi han puesto un monton de restricciones (entre otras cosas para evitar "robos" de guilds)
Lukar
Lukar
Degollador de JarJar
Degollador de JarJar

Mensaje  Latok Mar 12 Jun 2012, 15:46

Si migrar una guild es un tema peliagudo, mucho es que al menos te migran los tabs.

Con respecto a otras cosas parecen que van un poco cagados han puesto solo 6 servidores de momento para que no se les caiga todo con las primeras migraciones.

Ya veremos
Latok
Latok
Verdugo de Coruscant
Verdugo de Coruscant

Mensaje  Lukar Mar 12 Jun 2012, 15:47

Yo recuerdo las migraciones gratuitas en el wow cuando se abrieron los reinos españoles... y normal que vayan con cuidado. Si quieren que las migraciones vayan rapido y no se atasquen necesitan poder controlar el numero de migraciones por hora... asi que es normal que lo hagan poquito a poco
Lukar
Lukar
Degollador de JarJar
Degollador de JarJar

Mensaje  Outis Mar 12 Jun 2012, 16:10

6 servers europeos, pero contando los americanos 10 servers en total. En cualquier caso empiezan con menos del 5% de los servers totales del juego.

Eso sí, aunque yo veo lógico que empiecen con calma e intentando hacer las cosas bien me toca un poco las narices que no cumplan lo que dijeron de hacer pública la lista completa de servers de salida al iniciarse el proceso:

We will be releasing a full list of the origin/destination servers when the service launches. You will be able to see then!

Ahora nos tocará esperar más tiempo para saber si al final somos server de salida o no.

En cuanto a lo de los transfers de guilds (y sus bancos) pues la verdad es que el sistema no es el ideal -básicamente tienes que deshacer la guild y volverla a montar- pero entiendo que eso tiene que ser complicado y lo mismo no queda otra que hacerlo "a mano".
Outis
Outis
Pisaenanos
Pisaenanos

PJ principal : Tarl
Antigüedad : 18/12/2011

Mensaje  Outis Mar 12 Jun 2012, 18:48

Otros 8 servers de salida disponibles para transfers.

Esta segunda oleada ya incluye el primer transfer entre servers RP-PvE europeo, y el de destino efectivamente es The Progenitor, pero (todavía) no somos nosotros el de salida.
Outis
Outis
Pisaenanos
Pisaenanos

Mensaje  Latok Mar 12 Jun 2012, 19:57

Actualizado en mi lista de servidores
Latok
Latok
Verdugo de Coruscant
Verdugo de Coruscant

Mensaje  Outis Miér 13 Jun 2012, 17:21

Bueno, pues ya es oficial: somos server de salida siendo el de destino The Progenitor (el mismo al que se van los del otro server RP).

La intención parece clara de unificar a corto/medio plazo los tres server RP-PvE europeos de habla inglesa en uno solo. ¿Qué hacemos? Yo voto por migrar, evidentemente. ¿Abre algún oficial un hilo específico para esto o lo seguimos hablando por aquí?
Outis
Outis
Pisaenanos
Pisaenanos

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado